Publicado por Julio Anjos em 2007, 8 de Julho
The statement sets out five principles to be followed by users of orphaned works:
- A reasonably diligent search should be undertaken to find the copyright owner.
- The user of an orphan work must provide a clear and adequate attribution to the copyright owner.
- If the copyright owner reappears, the owner should be reasonably remunerated or appropriate restitution should be made.
- If injunctive relief is available against the use of a previously orphaned work, the injunctive relief should take into account the creative efforts and investment made in good faith by the user of the work.
- The use of orphan works in non-exclusive.